Cumhuriyet Müzesi II. Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi Binası
In 1923, architect Vedat Tek (1873-1942) by the Republican People's Party designed and built this building as Mahfel function as the council changed. This two-storey building on the inner part of the basement, are arranged on three sides of the rising middle assembly hall over two floors. After the introduction stretches all along the parade takes place on both ends of the stairs, covered with a frying pan, where the Seljuk and Ottoman motifs. One of the areas dealt with in a similar way is also a great hall. Wooden ceiling containing places this hall considered the lodges particularly star motifs, subsequently revised entrance and belts except for some spots, fringes, reflects the places, the architecture of this period with the departments tile located the properties.
First Grand National Assembly of Turkey has spent a number of changes to meet the needs of the building due to a lack of building and developing the parliament of the Republic of Turkey, then II. The Grand National Assembly of Turkey was opened on October 18, 1924.
II. Grand National Assembly of Turkey between the years 1924-1960 was carried out of Ataturk's principles and reforms; Taken very important decisions for the development of our Republic contemporaries; the removal of contemporary international law of treaties where that increase the effectiveness and prestige of Turkey; It provided that the transition to a multiparty system is an important structure. II having an important role in Turkish political history. Grand National Assembly of Turkey building function until May 27, 1960 and continued throughout the 36-year period. In 1961, the parliament of the newly built modern building to be moved to the building on the Central Treaty Organization (CENTO) was allocated. Used as the headquarters of CENTO between the years 1961-1979 with the removal of this building CENTO in the same year he was transferred to the Ministry of Culture. Arranging the Republic Museum of the front of this building and the rear part of the General Directorate of Antiquities and Museums